Recipes / Tarte Tatin
Contributed by: Susan Tomlinson - 07/05/2010
Basically an upside down open apple pie. Delicious!
3 medium sized Bramley apples
300g puff pastry
2 tbsps caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
oven proof frying pan
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees C
2. Core, peel and very finely slice the apples.
3. Melt the butter into the oven proof frying pan.
4. Add the sugar, apples and cinnamon.
5. Cook until the apples are golden
6. Roll out the pastry to exactly fit inside the frying pan.
7. Place the pastry on top of the apple mixture.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and brown.
9. Take out of the oven. You might need to gently cut around the edge to help get the tart out.
10. Place the serving plate on top of the pan and gently flip the tart onto the plate.
Sign up for the Debate Your Plate newsletter.
Add your favourite local food producer/shop to our directory.