Recipes / Rhubarb and ginger crumble
Contributed by: Liz Scarff - 17/06/2010
The classic rhubarb crumble with a hint of ginger.
For the rhubarb
800g of rhubarb
75g of sugar
1cm stick of fresh ginger finely diced
For the crumble topping
100g plain flour
50g unsalted butter
25g Demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/365F/Gas 4
2. Place the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar and a little water and cook on a low heat for 6/7 minutes.
3. Gently stir in the grated ginger and then remove from the heat.
4. For the crumble rub the flour and the butter together to make ‘breadcrumbs’.
5. Add the sugar and mix well.
6. Put the rhubarb in a baking dish and cover with the crumble mixture.
7. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Sign up for the Debate Your Plate newsletter.
Add your favourite local food producer/shop to our directory.