Toad in the Hole is one of my favorite Sunday dishes. Substitute with veggie sausages for a meat free option.
2 sprigs of thyme
For the batter:
115g plain flour
Pinch of salt
1. Mix all the ingredients together and set the batter to one side.
2. Add a splash of sunflower oil to a baking tin and place on the oven at 240-250 C/475F/gas 9.
3. When the oil is spitting add the sausages and cook until they are lightly golden.
4. Pour your batter over the sausages and add the sprigs of thyme.
5. Put back in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Don't open the oven door.
6. Remove from the oven when golden and crisp.
Sign up for the Debate Your Plate newsletter.
Add your favourite local food producer/shop to our directory.