Recipe: Leek and chickpea soup
I love soups and this one is a winner. Easy to knock up for lunch it will take the edge off a sharp spring day.
1 tin of chickpeas
1 medium onion chopped
1 large potato
4 medium leeks roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1.5 pints of good vegetable stock
1. Chop the onion and sweat over a low heat until soft and browning
2. Crush and add the garlic – sweat for a further two minutes
3. Add the leek and sweat for a further 3 minutes
4. Add the stock and bayleaf and simmer for 20 minutes
5. Add the chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes
6.Remove the bayleaf and blitz with a food processor
7. Serve with crusty bread
Find out more:
Check out our recipe channel
Sign up for the Debate Your Plate newsletter.
Add your favourite local food producer/shop to our directory.